Time frame from flower to hop cone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
It seems I've had flowering and burrs for almost a month now but no sight of cone formation. How long if there is a time frame does it usually take for the burrs to form into cones. I've started hitting them with a high phosphorus bloom booster every two weeks and watering more now that temps are steadily in the mid 80's here in Michigan. Just wondering if they stalled out somewhere or their just taking their sweet time being first year transplants, they were really healthy transplants off of an old heirloom cascade if it matters. And yes I'm being impatient. Lol.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1438119232.844920.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1438119265.555235.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1438119295.314821.jpg

First year grower here. Seems to me it was somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks to go from first flower to first cone.

Having fun seeing how they change daily.

First year grower here. Seems to me it was somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks to go from first flower to first cone.

Having fun seeing how they change daily.

Mine just seem to be stuck in the burr phase none seem to be forming into cones. The burrs are def growing but seems awfully slow. Guess I'll see what happens it's been fun watching them grow for the first year anyway.

You might try some bloom fertilizer which I believe is high in phosphorus.

I am. Just put the second application in a couple days ago. It says to use every two weeks so that's what I've been doing since the burrs started forming.

Back