Most famous person from your high school

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura Bush

Ones I knew
Cedric Benson(about as big of a piece of **** as you can get)
Eric Winston

Daniel Pearl, the journalist who in 2002 was kidnapped and beheaded in Pakistan, was a high-school classmate of mine. He was a nice kid, it sickens me to think of the horrible end he met.

Other famous alumni of my school are actresses Sally Field, Karen Valentine and Cindy Williams, uber-agent/producer Michael Ovitz, singer Bobby Sherman, Terry Gilliam of Monty Python, and junk bond king Michael Milken.

The town I live in is so small and sucks to such a large degree that the only famous person we will ever likely see come from the high school is going to be a serial killer or a sex criminal.

Gary Busey went to a community college near here though.

Jess McKellar, homebrewer who goes by the name of McKBrew.

I only had 12 people in my graduating class, the area is not known for famous people.

Had my parents decided to stay in Toledo, OH instead of moving to where I currently live in Marion, OH I would have graduated with (I did go to elementary school and Jr. high with) Jimmy Jackson - NBA player who played for about 10 different teams I think.

I remember playing ball against that dude when I was a kid. At 10 years old he was dunking and kicking everyone's butt.

Jamie Kennedy - comedian & actor
John Cappelletti - Heisman trophy winner and professional football player
Anthony Becht - NFL Tight End - New York Jets
Mike Teti - USRowing Men's Head Coach
Col. Tom Matthews, U.S. Army, Ret. - Led Task Force Ranger in Somalia & Black Hawk Down Operation

A friend I graduated with is a pitcher for the Minnesota Twins Minor League....thats about the extent of our fame...if you can call the Minor Leagues famous...

From My Class of 2003, Kingman Hugh School
Chris Chavez, RHP for the Kansas City Royals.

Also from Kingman Arizona, but not from Kingman High School.....

Andy Devine (actor)
Doug Mirabelli (Boston Red Sox Catcher)
Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber) Raised for a time in Kingman
Timothy James McVeigh (American Terrorist) Former resident....lived across the street from my old apartment complex

Jim Morrison - The Doors

Almost forgot. Jeff Lett - Plays bass for Cartel. Best buds till he moved to ATL

Matt Felker - The guy in Britney Spears video Toxic, that kissed her on the plane.
Andy Kohl - Punted for Steelers for two years
Stanely from the Show Jericho

Yeah, yeah. I'll see your Joe Montanas and raise you Alec Stewart. Montana may be one of the greatest QBs of all time, with the rings and the Superbowl-winning drives to prove it, but he's nothing compared to England's third most famous wicket-keeping cricketer.

Awesomer than Joe Montana

Will Herring: Playing for the Seahawks right now
TJ Jackson: Playing with the Falcons

I graduated with those two. I know some chick from my high school got grammy or emmy or something for her short film.

* Neil Mandt, film producer and director (1987)
* Feris mossa, singer-songwriter (1988)
* Chad Smith, drummer for the band Red Hot Chili Peppers (1980)
* Tanith Belbin, 2006 Olympic Ice Dancing Silver Medalist (attended 1999-2000)
* Armen Keteyian, investigative reporter for CBS News and correspondent for the HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.

Oh yea, almost forgot, my neighbor of 8 or 9 years was Brad Cotter: Winner of Country Idol on CMT, he also graduated from my school. And, James Voss, and astronaut that is from Opelika has a painting of mine.

talleymonster said:
Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber) Raised for a time in Kingman
Timothy James McVeigh (American Terrorist) Former resident....lived across the street from my old apartment complex

Now that is a bangin crowd...

Wow, all these cool athletes!
I could be wrong, cause I'm not the type to keep track of such things, but I think my high school is best at producing pasty white guys who's best memories usually involved cow tipping.

We did have Mike Patton of Mr. Bungle and Faith No More. (and the rest of Mr. Bungle too)

One friend of mine was like the 25th American killed in Iraq, back when were expecting it to be over any day.

From my High School we have:

Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens

Desmond Clark- Bears

There's a lot more from the surrounding High Schools that have gone to the NFL and have made it.

Back