Carbonated Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilroy

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am going to be adding a cornie of water to kegerator so that i can have multiple soda flavors (just add flavor & water)
I know that I have to pressure the keg to 30 PSi to carbonate the water.

My questions is can I just use regular tap water, or should I filter it? Due to the lack of Alcohol for preservative, am I going to get a slimy green keg after a while, or will the CO2 preserve it?

Thanks

Kilroy

I personally would run it through a charcoal filter and pasteurize it. Kill the bugs anyway, filtering is really just an option.

I have very good water & just keg it. I've been doing this for several years now without cleaning the kegs, except when they need o-rings. [By the way, sodaclubusa.com has a great selection of concentrates.]

Thank you for your responses.
I should be getting my gauges in the next day or two, then I set up my multi regulator kegerator, and go from there :)

Kilroy

you could use bottled distilled or spring water, its already filtered and had all the bugs killed just dump it in and add CO2!

Back