BLC a necessity?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindLemonLars

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody please observe a moment of silence, in honor of my keg of summer blonde that ran dry last night. It will be missed!

Okay, now that's out of the way I can swap a keg of ESB into place!

Now that I've dispensed a couple of kegs through each side of my kegerator, I thought this would be a good time to clean & flush the lines. Is BLC really needed for this task, or are their other household cleaners that can be used? I was thinking about a mild Oxiclean solution.

I just used BLC on my kegerator. The cleaner went in nice and clean, but after letting it sit in the lines for about twenty minutes, it came out an amber color. I used to clean my lines with oxyclean, but after seeing what came out, I'm gonna BLC 'em from now on.

Allan

It's good stuff. I don't know if it's a necessity, but it will sure prolong the life of your tubing. I think it's probably also pretty useful for when you want to use a beergun/CPBF and you need your lines super clean.

Back