Party Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Reaction score
We cut the insides of spare fridge we had and were able to fit 6 kegs plus the C02 tank. Worked great with the picnic taps.

chillkeg.JPG

That's pretty full of awesome, great photo. Where are you from, I'll bring my own cup.

I've heard of picnic taps not holding very well over long periods of time. Are you planning on upgrading to some real taps or is this just a temporary setup?

That's pretty full of awesome, great photo. Where are you from, I'll bring my own cup.

Orange County, CA! Come over and you'll get some!

That's cool. How'd you do it and how much did it cost?

Well basically it was free! I already owned all the picnic tap lines from previous party setups. Got the fridge from a friend that didn't want it anymore and donated to the cause. Pretty simple tear down of the fridge; just unscrewed the plastic inner panels on the door to leave a nice flat surface and then removed all the racks. The only involved parts was cutting out the divider between fridge and freezer with a saw. ill post some pictures in a bit! Last part was to just drill holes straight through the door to run the lines.

I've heard of picnic taps not holding very well over long periods of time. Are you planning on upgrading to some real taps or is this just a temporary setup?

This was a temporary setup. I have a two tap kegerator at home and we didn't really feel like spending $250 to setup six taps on this fridge. I think we want to invest into a keezer more then anything.

Back