Anyone Else Brewing Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
Well, it is absolutely beautiful in Michigan today, and I am taking advantage of it by brewing outside today. Anyone else brewing today?:mug:

yep Im halfway done with my mash. Its sitting nicely at 150* as we speak.

Its only 10 am....I wonder what kind of looks Ill get from the neighbors if I start drinking.

and I must say its absolutely beautiful today. I think we're going to hit 77 for a high this afternoon.

I'd like to be brewing today but I've got several batches that need to be racked into secondaries and bottled, so I probably won't get around to it. :-(

Evanmars and I are doing a couple batches... waiting for the wort to boil, it's gotten a bit chilly so we're back inside. ESB and an APA.

Brewed an oatmeal stout yesterday. I only did a 5 gallon batch as this is only my second oatmeal stout and I'm thinking of adding a pound of frozen cherries in the secondary. I thought it best to try a test batch first. Weather in Texas yesterday was beautiful in fact I think I worked on my redneck a little. Is it bad to have a pint before noon? Nope, I didn't think so either?

A neighbor was walking by and said he smelled someone cooking and then saw all of my gear in the driveway. After 4 or 5 pints of my hefe, dunkelweisse, and ordinary bitter he said he wants to give it a try so I told him to decide what style and I'd see if I had the proper grains and hops. If not, I'll just pick up what we need and I'd brew it if he'd bottle it and give me a 6-er.Jeffrey

Yup, brewing as we speak. About to sparge and start the boil. It's nice here too. Cool, but no wind, perfect brewing weather.

Dan

Saxmk6 said:
Well, it is absolutely beautiful in Michigan today, and I am taking advantage of it by brewing outside today. Anyone else brewing today?:mug:

Yeah its about 65 here in VA...Ive got an IPA that im gonna drop tonite to the secondary.

Chimone said:
yep Im halfway done with my mash. Its sitting nicely at 150* as we speak.

Its only 10 am....I wonder what kind of looks Ill get from the neighbors if I start drinking.

and I must say its absolutely beautiful today. I think we're going to hit 77 for a high this afternoon.
If I was your neighbor, you'd get a look of envy.

I brewed my wit yesterday but today it's:

Move Apfelwien out of conditioning keg into bottles
Clean said keg
Bottle said Apfelwien
Order AG Blonde Ale kit from Midwest
Get reading on second batch of Apfelwien (10 days primary)
Test Keg #2 for taste
Test Keg#1 for taste

Nope. Not brewing today, but just as busy...

Just finished an ESB.
Was going to use a smack pack, but it's taking it's time to swell, so I used an S-04 that I keep for just such emergencies.
Looks like I'll be brewing next weekend as well as the smack pack is swelling slowly.

-a.

and done.....

ok mashed in at 930 and its 1 now

Im loving this new burner and chiller. 3 1/2 hours single infusion aint bad

homebrewer_99 said:
We had two of the greatgrandbabies over today so I have to wait until Sunday.

Brewing an Oktoberfestbier.;)
HB, two greatgrandbabies means you have a grandbaby or two...

I didn't see any pics of those pride and joys in your gallery:eek:

i just finished and after 4 cold ones, the wert is cooling and I am enjoying my last pumpkin ale...What a celebration..the sun is out , it is nearly 50 and I am having a great time...

I racked an IPA to secondary today and am just finishing a Fat Tire clone. I am cooling the wort now.

Ft. Wayne, IN

I just got done racking a Fire Tire clone into secondary, man is that puppy HOPPY! phew... Also racked a batch of African shiraz for seconday fermentation.

Now I've just got to decide what to brew during my session this week (I think tomorrow might be brewday, Mondays usually end up that way)

Had a great Brewday!!! :ban: My brother and his family came over along with my Dad. Had a feast along with about 18 of my first brews(Octoberfest) :drunk: . :D brewed my 2nd batch Daylight Savings Time APA. My Dad & bro' wanted to check out the brewing process. By the time we were done visions of Keggles and 40 gal. batches were dancing through our heads!! I think I just found two new brew partners. Dinner time merged with Brewtime and I forgot to check the OG :eek: . my Dad says "what does that mean". I said really nothing except we won't know how strong it is. My Dad said " Who cares!!" Is that man born to Brew or what!! A balmy 66 degrees today & 3 more days in the forecast of the same. Hope everyones day was as good as mine. Really. RR

Back