GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Employee of the Month isn't too bad. Will be checking out The Horde after. Also have been watching Moonshiners. Man those guys are some backwoods hillbillies. Interesting show but I am not a fan of most of the Discovery Channel reality tv shows. They get repetitive and I usually question a lot of things going on in them. Sahara was not bad and like I said before Copper is a pretty good show, enjoyed watching it.

Alice in Wonderland is pretty great. Despite all of the crazy effects and sets, the most freakinsh thing in it was Anne Hathaway.

It's so bad I will dance fight you over it.

Granted it doesn't have Nichiolas Cage in it........;)

You did have subtitles on, right?

OK ahem.....(SPOILER)

When the lead female offs that female zombie in the kitchen fight- One of the most bad ass fights ever acted out by female on femal zombie VIOLENCE.

Effing awesome.

When the big bad moustached french guy gets bit and decides to stall the approaching Horde? AWESOME. Blasting and machette....ing from atop that car in a sea of zombies? AWESOME heroic violence.

The old guy with the damned helicopter gun blasting down that narrow hall?

SATISFYING violence far beyond most zombie movies.

Do you just hate the french?This movie was awesome start to finish.;)

I am sure most people are aware of this on Netflix but I just started watching "How I met Your Mother" for the first time and it is hilarious.

TV Series: Psych - hilarious and ok to watch with kids around.

Movies: Just search "John Wayne" and add all to queue. I'd begin with The Searchers, then The Shootist, True Grit, and finally Rio Bravo. You'll be glad you did.

Watching the Firefly series for the 4th time.

I bought the box set years ago and sit down and watch it a couple of times a year. It's an amazing series. I was hoping Netflix would bring it back, but they already said they won't be doing that.

I bought the box set years ago and sit down and watch it a couple of times a year. It's an amazing series. I was hoping Netflix would bring it back, but they already said they won't be doing that.

Everyone involved has moved on to different projects. Nathan Fillion is now the star of Castle, and Morena Baccarin has a prominent role in Homeland. You'll never get Matt and Mr. Fabulous out of those high-paying gigs.

Anyone have an Amazon Student membership? I was thinking about signing up and they have a referral program. Figured if I sign up I might as well let someone get the credit. :)

Amazon Prime instant streaming seems to have got a few excellent Kubrick films quite recently:

Dr. Strangelove
The Killing
Full Metal Jacket

As well as a few excellent Hitchcock films:

North by Northwest
Dial M for Murder
To Catch a Thief

Don't know if they've been mentioned, but I caught Ken Burns' Prohibition and the Dust Bowl on Netflix. Great as always. Can't wait to see his Vietnam one when he finishes that.

Don't know if they've been mentioned, but I caught Ken Burns' Prohibition and the Dust Bowl on Netflix. Great as always. Can't wait to see his Vietnam one when he finishes that.

I'm finishing up the Civil War before I move onto those. That man is a master of his craft.

Amazon Prime instant streaming seems to have got a few excellent Kubrick films quite recently:

Dr. Strangelove
The Killing
Full Metal Jacket

As well as a few excellent Hitchcock films:

North by Northwest
Dial M for Murder
To Catch a Thief

Nice! Thanks!

It's starting to look like amazon prime may have better stuff than Netflix. Can someone here please verify this observation with authority? Of highest importance: does amazon stream to Xbox, and would it be worth giving up Netflix streaming?

NO mightynintendo, Netflix covers an AMAZING lot of stuff. Amazonprime is Netflix's mentally challenged little brother....occasionally he comes up with something amazing, but not often enough to fire his brother.

cheezydemon3 said:
NO mightynintendo, Netflix covers an AMAZING lot of stuff. Amazonprime is Netflix's mentally challenged little brother....occasionally he comes up with something amazing, but not often enough to fire his brother.

Thank you for this high quality analysis.

CAPRICA is actually pretty awesome.

Must be a lover of ACTION, poignancy, BSG, and patiently unfolding plots.

CAPRICA had all of the elements to make it a really strong series. Too bad it got canceled and the writers has to throw together a quick wrap-up.

It's starting to look like amazon prime may have better stuff than Netflix. Can someone here please verify this observation with authority? Of highest importance: does amazon stream to Xbox, and would it be worth giving up Netflix streaming?

Yes, Amazon streams to xbox.

Whether it's worth exchanging Amazon for Netflix is probably a matter of preference and depends on what you watch. Netflix definitely has a lot more breadth than Amazon, but Amazon's curation and selection has gotten progressively better, and Netflix has been dropping a TON of the stuff that I used to watch all the time on there which has been making it less attractive to me. I know cheezy will chime in with his "you got to drop some stuff to get new stuff" argument, but I feel like if I want to watch The Big Lebowski, or Mulholland Drive, or Big Trouble in Little China, which I and I know many others watched all the time, they ought to probably look at those numbers of views and decide to keep those titles. They have literally thousands upon thousands of titles that nobody watches--they are welcome to drop that crap anytime they want to make room for higher quality content.

Amazon Prime is cool because there's other stuff that you get besides streaming. e.g. You get free 2-day shipping, and upgrades to overnight shipping are cheap as well if you absolutely need something by the next day. It costs about $80 per year, but even if you are just considering it as a streaming service, you're getting it for a couple bucks less per month than Netflix. Throw in the free shipping and it's no contest in terms of cost/benefit IMO.

For the time being I have both, but I feel like there could be a day in the near future where I drop Netflix due to their policy of continually dropping titles I like watching in favor of picking up what seems like yet another reality TV show.

I haven't signed up yet, but I saw that Amazon Prime lets you watch every movie on IMDB's top 100 for free.

Well I don't think that's quite true, since The Godfather parts 1 & 2 aren't prime movies. However, they do have several films in the top 100 which is more than I can say for Netflix, which has been dropping them over time and now only has a couple.

EDIT: It seems that today they added a bunch of Mirimax films, including several which are in the IMDB top 100.

Well I don't think that's quite true, since The Godfather parts 1 & 2 aren't prime movies. However, they do have several films in the top 100 which is more than I can say for Netflix, which has been dropping them over time and now only has a couple.

EDIT: It seems that today they added a bunch of Mirimax films, including several which are in the IMDB top 100.

Try going to this link and click the "watch now at Amazon instant video" link. I don't have a membership yet so it's offering to rent it to me, but see if it'll play for free on your prime membership.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

Try going to this link and click the "watch now at Amazon instant video" link. I don't have a membership yet so it's offering to rent it to me, but see if it'll play for free on your prime membership.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

No it wants me to pay $2.99.

They do have several IMDB top 100 films. Certainly more than Netflix has. I even posted a couple on the previous page (Dr. Strangelove, North by Northwest) But, the Godfather films aren't currently among them. I did also notice that they've got The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for free as well. That's another that Netflix used to have, but they pulled it.

Was "Fringe" already mentioned. My work schedule doesn't allow me to follow new shows so I usually catch them years later LOL. I really enjoyed the 4 seasons of Fringe on Netflix and looking forward to the 5th and final season.

Netflix continues to add a bunch of stuff that is great, but not mainstream.

I watch some mainstream stuff, but I like things that I find on netflix that I never would have seen otherwise.

For first run stuff and the most popular movies you are going to pay ala cart regardless.

For subscription, 1 size fits all and few people will have their dreams come true for 7.99 a month.

On a side note* the interface for amazonprime and netflix on the wii is amazing. It blows everything else away*

If you're into WW2 documentaries than Auschwitz is an amazingly insightful one. It's extremely well put together and follows not only the development of the camp, but the development of the ideology that lead up to it.

No it wants me to pay $2.99.

They do have several IMDB top 100 films. Certainly more than Netflix has. I even posted a couple on the previous page (Dr. Strangelove, North by Northwest) But, the Godfather films aren't currently among them. I did also notice that they've got The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for free as well. That's another that Netflix used to have, but they pulled it.

Well, crap. Seems I was misinformed.

If you're into WW2 documentaries than Auschwitz is an amazingly insightful one. It's extremely well put together and follows not only the development of the camp, but the development of the ideology that lead up to it.

Nazis sure were curious weren't they?

Iron Sky is FANTASTIC. Funny, witty, awesome transformation from an antiquated school marm to an effing HOT mama;)

Blood Creek is awesome.

Both of these are a seriously scary different look at Nazis and their curiosity.

Latest posts

Back