First AG flavor help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here having a pint of my first AG brew; it's Edwort's Stone Clone, brewed 6 meeks ago. I was soooo stoked on brewing this beer, but am dissapointed with the flavor. It's got what I'd describe for lack of a better term as a "metaly" aftertaste. I don't think it's contaminated, but.... It was brewed and Dry-hopped with Centenials, which I don't have a lot of experienc with. It's drinkable, but I'm about 2/3 though my first pint, and not sure I want to finish. My only thought is that it was the first time I used my keggle as a boil kettle, and maybe I didn't rinse it out well enough after cleaning it up from conversion?

Any ideas?

I don't know that beer, but the ones I've brewed needed more than 6 weeks to start tasting their best. I'd suggest setting them aside for a couple more weeks and see what happens.

I've occasionally had beers with a metallic flavor when they were young, but after a couple more weeks conditioning, the off flavor had gone.

-a.

Back