Pot opinions sought

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this pot:

DSCF0095.jpg

Price? Quality? Size?

And has anyone ever dealt with this company?

Thanks

This isn't the kind of thread I was hoping for.... Next time, please use the term "brewkettle" to keep me from getting my hopes up, ok? :fro:

Toot said:
This isn't the kind of thread I was hoping for.... Next time, please use the term "brewkettle" to keep me from getting my hopes up, ok? :fro:

LOL!

Looks good to me, especially if you just need an HLT. It might be a little thin for a boil, as I'm sure the pot might be a little too thin to give good heat uniformity. However, a lot of us use a lot worse for our brewkettles, so just stir it with a spoon on occasion to keep it from scortching.

Adventures in Homebrewing is a decent company to deal with. They do have some good prices on stuff. That particular pot will be pretty thin for a brewpot. You will have some problems with heat distribution and possible scorching. For the same price you can find thick bottom aluminum pots that will work much better. This is about what I paid for my 10 gallon heavy aluminum stock pot.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Back