Fruit Beer Pineapple Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northerngal

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safale S05
Yeast Starter
Rehydration
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Golden
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
21 days at 18C
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 days at 18C
Additional Fermentation
Bottle conditioning 14days
Tasting Notes
Light citrusy hops, faint pineapple on the backend
13lb 2row
8oz munich malt
8oz carapils
4oz 10L Caramel malt
4oz 60L caramel malt

3.5oz cascade
1.25oz centennial
0.5oz perle

1 pineapple
1L pineapple juice

Mashed in at 70C. Mashed out at 75C.
1hr Boil, add pineapple juice, 1.25oz cascade and 1oz centennial hops. 0.5oz perle at 30min. Pineapple, cubed, at 45 min. 0.25oz cascade and 0.25oz centennial at 55min.

Dry hop with 2oz cascade on day 21 for 14 days, bottle.

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

Last edited:
This beer was awesome. I will be making it again. The most popular of the available homebrews at my Christmas party ��

Just to make sure I've got the boil additions straight (because I think you use the opposite of the standard boil time notation, which is listing the time left in the boil rather than the time elapsed):

• 1L Pineapple Juice @ 60 min
  • 1.25 oz Cascade @ 60 min
  • 1 oz Centennial @ 60 min
  • 0.5 oz Perle @ 30 min
  • 1 Pineapple (cubed) @ 15 min
  • 0.25 oz Cascade @ 5 min
  • 0.25 oz Centennial @ 5 min
  • 2 oz Cascade @ dry - 14 days

Is that correct?

Can you double check your grain bill too? 14.5 lbs of grain give me about 1.070. That's a long way off of your 1.054

Hi I'm new and had a question. How would I get the type of extract to use for this recipe? that's what I've been starting with using kits from NB. Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a repeat question

Hi I'm new and had a question. How would I get the type of extract to use for this recipe? that's what I've been starting with using kits from NB. Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a repeat question

Often a recipe is made with pale extract, with only a small amount of dark or amber extract used for color.

Back