Keezer Drip Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarr21

Reaction score
Wanted to attach a drip tray to the side of my keezer with out drilling into the freezer walls and possible damaging the coils. I also wanted to be able to easily remove it so I could clean it. This is what I came up with

image-2906563110.jpg

I gorilla glued 4" l brackets to the freezer

image-3654824169.jpg

I used 4 2" block magnets that attached themselves to the brackets

image-269259830.jpg

I places the bottom part of the drip tray on top of the magnets

image-1024293571.jpg

I cut (2) 4" lengths of metal and put them inside the tray lined up with the magnets so they would hold the tray securely to the brackets/ fridge

image-1526728639.jpg

Then the grate on top for a functional clean look.

The drip tray is a 19 1/2" x 4"
I ordered it from barproducts.com for about $20

hmm nice... I am going to be doing this shortly as well.. i picked up a 24" tray for mine (6 taps) Im going a similar route to yours... was trying to think of a good way to attach but still be able to remove it... good thinking!

Rare earth magnets also do a great job of holding the brackets to the fridge/freezer body to support drip trays. I have each bracket (three on my curved fridge door) held in place by one of these magnets... "Pulling Force - 18 lbs" says it all... Plus, the brackets completely hide the magnets from view. I've put a 23oz glass of brew on the drip tray without it even flinching. I don't pour more than one glass at a time, nor do I use growlers. I suspect, though, that this setup would easily handle either.

One of the benefits of the magnets is you can easily move the tray up/down as you want/need. So if you want to pour into pint glasses, you can optimize the height there. If you want to go into taller glasses, or growlers, you can move it. You can then move it back to the height you use most.

For me on the textured freezer the magnets didn't give me a whole lot of strength and I often fill growlers to bring to party's and friends. So the epoxy mount worked best.

Back