Got 2 kegs with no bleed tab of any kind??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I got 2 pin lock kegs from kegconnection.com both of which came without any bleed tab to release pressure when/if they become overcarbonated.

Is this strange or normal? I'm new to kegging and always see vidoes of people pulling a tab to release pressure so I thought they all came with one.

I don't have pinlock kegs, but I believe pinlocks don't have the pressure relief valve like balllock kegs do. To release the gas, you can depress the "gas in" valve on the post.

that is normal for pin lock kegs. Just charge with co2 then remove the co2 qd and depress the poppet with a key or something to bleed out the o2

Some pin locks have the release valve. They actually make a cheap plastic tool to press in the poppet or just use a chopstick or some other pointy item.

btw - don't forget to bleed the gas side, cuts down on the beer shower potential.

Back