What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to get Irish for lunch. Beef and potato stew, made with Guinness, and a homebrew brown porter.

By the way. Porter is not that great...but I made it so I'm drinking every last drop of the 5 gallon batch (my first brew). Second brew is not looking much more promising, but batch #3 is all grain (in fermenter) and I'm really hoping it marks a turning point.

image-3288704660.jpg

Forgot to post the first one. I was heating my strike water and trying to figure out how to do something on Untappd so I forgot. It's my American blonde that I brewed for the wedding I went to in October. Apparently Untappd notices when you type in the word wedding because I got a wedding beer badge after I posted that. And now, since my sparge has decided to be exceedingly slow (45% wheat malt) I am drinking another Palate Wrecker and I will probably finish it before I get the wort boiling.

20130317_104910.jpg

20130317_122753.jpg

^ Good solid beer. I was thinking about brewing today. Its not too late to head to the LHBS to grab grain, but I also need to pack for our trip to ireland. Hmmm.....

Or just head to a bottle shop, grab a few good bombers, and really celebrate St Paddys the way it should be haha.

Last lil bit from bottling my dark pseudo lager just minutes ago. Got 65 12oz bottles of clear dark beer. Got the camera a bit close,though;
http://
It's in my Thirsty Dog taster glass my son brought me from the brewery in Akron.

^ Good solid beer. I was thinking about brewing today. Its not too late to head to the LHBS to grab grain, but I also need to pack for our trip to ireland. Hmmm.....

Or just head to a bottle shop, grab a few good bombers, and really celebrate St Paddys the way it should be haha.

I think the choice is obvious. ;)

Cellar Dweller at Green Man's 12oz bottle release party and St Patty's fest. Probably grabbing a 750 for Channel66 and other trades.

NIZZLE said:
Have you ever had there Black Forest Stout? Sounds tasty

Green Man? Are you thinking of Heinzellmichen in Sylva? You want dweller for tart side? Any luck with those?

Tecate, yeah yeah I know St. Patty's day and Mexican beer but I need somethin to knock down one after another watching Bristol NASCAR race!!!!

ForumRunner_20130317_155409.jpg

(beer that drinks like a meal) love that beer a got a four pack in the cellular from last year letting it age for a bit more

Back