What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398723158.484901.jpg
Best IPA so far out of DuClaw.

Lake Erie water temp's still 43F,too cold for fishin much. Salmon don't run till about 57F. Can't wait to get out fishin again. Sil has her mom's old folding wheel chair she's givin' me. Walkin with a cane is a pain for any amount of time. And carryin' a bunch of stuff 1/4M+ out onto peers ain't happinin'. Anyway,I went in the fridge at lunch time to scrounge some lunch. Thought I was outta beer last night,but found 2 Brew Kettle 4 C's American Pale Ales in the back.Cool. I think I'll save those for Wednesday night. Payday Thursday this month. Gotta get to Homer Cheapo for a 5G water jug. Hoping they have 1 gallon versions of the PET water jugs to put my Starsan & PBW in. These damn juice & milk jugs are getting unpredictable. This week alone I lost 2G's of spring water & a fresh gallon of Starsan. Into the carpet in the man cave,no less. ~!Q#$^%&^&(^##!@#@#$#%#$%#$#%^%$&%^&*^#$$@#$#$%^%$&!!!!!!!

Ha nice. Lately all I've gotten to catch while fishing is a buzz.
Strawberry blonde #2.

I gotta get out river trout fishing this year, i love/hate it... I love the actual fishing but i hate fishing for stocked fish.... You can fish all day for stocked trout with night crawlers, mealies, lures and jigs and flies and catch nothing, then switch to power bait and you get your limit in an hour... Nonsense

I gotta get out river trout fishing this year, i love/hate it... I love the actual fishing but i hate fishing for stocked fish.... You can fish all day for stocked trout with night crawlers, mealies, lures and jigs and flies and catch nothing, then switch to power bait and you get your limit in an hour... Nonsense

Yeah,stocked fish can really suck. You gotta match the hatch as they say. Even then it can suck. Then I'd pull out my secret weapon...A catfish hook tied with bright green thread & yellow wings,or vice versa. Damn things tore it up. Got a few of'em,biggest one being 13.5" till I lost it in a tree. Gotta tie a bunch of those next time. I'm not sure what the heck they think it is,but they bust the crap out of it...

Water with dinner.

Secret weapon for 40-lb. stripers = live eels.

Yeah,stocked fish can really suck. You gotta match the hatch as they say. Even then it can suck. Then I'd pull out my secret weapon...A catfish hook tied with bright green thread & yellow wings,or vice versa. Damn things tore it up. Got a few of'em,biggest one being 13.5" till I lost it in a tree. Gotta tie a bunch of those next time. I'm not sure what the heck they think it is,but they bust the crap out of it...

Yeah, I try to go for steelhead during the late fall-early spring, and inland trout from april-october. Sometimes you have amazing days, but too many days of disappointment lately (like falling in the creek with waders on and having water rush into them). At least my daughter had some luck on easter. I especially hate when you see fish and can't catch them. I always get fish I can't see, but rarely get the ones I can see.

Celebrating my brothers first brew Day with me while cooking gnocchi squash and smoked pork loin.

Drinking sour Belgian quad aged in wine barrels. This beer is soooo damn good!! Many thanks to the mcbauermann. I think I found my new favorite style

1398728666084.jpg

Anyone ever heard of a sour RIS? Maybe it would be terrible, but I was thinking about yesterday and wasnt sure how itd be.

Anyone ever heard of a sour RIS? Maybe it would be terrible, but I was thinking about yesterday and wasnt sure how itd be.

I just bottled my sour stout and it is amazing :D

I tried jester king black metal.. I think its brewed with a blend.and that beer makes me giddy as an alter boy

It's funk metal that is the sour stout but now all their beers are with their sour/wild culture so technically black metal is too. I have seen that one in over a year

Celebrating my brothers first brew Day with me while cooking gnocchi squash and smoked pork loin.

Drinking sour Belgian quad aged in wine barrels. This beer is soooo damn good!! Many thanks to the mcbauermann. I think I found my new favorite style

Glad you liked it. I'm still sitting on my bottle (for another month at least :D)

Playing catch up.

Velvet rooster - not a fan of BIPAs, but decent.

The neighbor, a solid beer. Wish it was local.

Finishing with a bastard. A Dirty Bastard, that is. Yum.

1398730707335.jpg

1398730837389.jpg

1398730927497.jpg

1398731002515.jpg

Back