1 bbl system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have 5K to spend, nor do I have a place to put it, but those are problems that can be solved.

He needs to rotate the pump heads so the outlet is above the inlet.

It is a good deal. Wonder how well the therminator works for cooling 1 BBL.

Should work the same as it would any size. It's always cooling the same amount at one time.
On my 1BBL system I use a CFC and recirculate back into the kettle until I'm under 100* then pump to the fermenters.

That Therminator is a beast and i'm sure could handle 1bbl just fine. Just got one myself and used it for the first time this weekend...almost a little too efficient! :)

Many I wish I had $5000 right now...ugh. Something like this better be around when I'm ready for it!

I would have to commit to selling beer if I bought that. I know it sounds fun to make 31 gallons of beer but man, I would need to supply my whole zip code with beer if I made that much.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it if I was in the area though :D

I have a one barrel system and my chiller is a therminator. I initially used a chillzilla but it took me over an hour to chill my wort. I bought a therminator and now I can chill 32 gallons of wort to 60F in less than 30 min. My well water is 55F.

That's actually pretty close to my 1 bbl brewhouse, minus the automation and temp sensors. The Therminator works great for that volume, the only issue being the volume of protein and trub that you find in 30+ gal and you need to keep all that from fouling your valves, chiller and pumps...

Back