2014 Beer Fest Homebrew Expo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopjunkie26

Reaction score
I got registerd for the 2014 Beer Fest Homebrew Expo at Aksarben and I am really looking forward to it. This will be my first time taking part in any kind of event like this and really the first time passing out my beer to randoms.

Question for those that have entered before. How much did you bring? What is a good rule of thumb here? I have the spare kegs so I am not really worried about that aspect. I am just catching a little crap from SWMBO about spending money to give away a bunch of beer so I have to tread lightly. (She obviously doesn't get it :smack:)

On top of however many kegs I bring I have some random bottles of stuff that I am going to bring to get rid of as well.

Just looking for input from anyone that has done this in the past.

Cheers!

I took a 5 gallon keg last year, and had a little under half left. Thats why you brew 10 gallon batches, 5 for the fest and 5 for the kegerator.

Interesting...when I looked through the info for the Homebrewer expo they have a sample menu from the Railroaders (understand that this is the club, not an individual) and they had 9 beers and one member brewed 5 of them.

I was thinking of bringing in (2) 5 gallon kegs and maybe even a few random single bottles I have sitting in the fridge. I suppose worst case scenario I have extra beer to drink, but I was worried about running out...maybe I won't worry about that anymore.

I have never been to the Friday session of the beer fest, we always go on Saturday. Is the attendance lower on Friday? Do folks not visit the homebrew stuff much? I just figured that 4 cases (essentially) wouldn't last all that long...

I think the attendance is a little less, but there were 30+ homebrews there last year, so there was a deffinite variety to try. Since the tent is set off itself, it seems to get steady traffic, but never too busy.

I am planning to bring only 1 keg this year, since Benson Beer Fest is the day after the Homebrew Expo, and I'll need beer for that.

I brought 5 gallons the first time and that was plenty. I wouldn't worry about bringing a ton. Im pouring at Extreme beer fest and am only going to bring about 3 gallons.

Back