Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just trying to be supportive.
I don't want to be known as an EAC. I'll be happy to be known as an Anti-EAC.

kid-beer.jpg

whhhhoooooo hooooooooo....

DOB : 04-26-1990
As we say in Scotland to a youngster : "Dis yer mammy ken ye ur oot?".
(Does your guardian know where you are?)

Now, I don't know about legal age in America but I would say 16 is def not.

...Of course the young gentleman could just be conducting an investigation without a thought of experimentation but I remember what I was like...
:eek::D

To answer your question...you can ferment in any container.

Sure, some are better than others. Some are not so good and the results will be shattered all over the place.

Live and learn...but not here until you're 21 (Stateside), 16 in Europe, except 12 in Denmark...;)

Sure, but make sure the lid is on tight so nothing bad gets in.*

*texasgeorge is not responsible for permament ocular imapairment on account of glass projectiles due to primary fermentor explosion.

cult0890 said:
cen i use a 2.5 glass v8 juice jar as a Primary Fermenter

Sure, if you want your mead to taste like tomato... Make sure you shake for 5 minutes every hour

You cen also use sem spellin' clesses...

Hmmm...

Normally, tomato juice WOULD get rid of a foul smell, so the V8 should take care of that for you...

Otherwise, as I've said on (numerous) other threads, stick it in a closet with a towel under the door, like you do when you're doing... other things, that make an unpleasant/incriminating odor...

(O my god... what am I doing...this is what they got Socrates for...)

cult0890 said:
is there a way i cen get rid of the smell?

No there's no way to get rid of the smell... your hooch will not only taste like tomatoes and total crud but your mom will catch you and it'll start a fight and we'll get in trouble for helping you...

In other words your Ghetto Juice will not only smell but also taste like crap, i also heard that if you throw in a couple fruit snacks and maybe some HiC or a Capri Sun... Don't forget the moldy bread in a sock.... Oh and if you are worried about fermenters and don't care about taste or smell try using a toilet, my friend T-Bone in prison says it works good.

cult0890 said:
whats a good small jug size

Bleach Jug size should work... Hey and you don't have to sanitize it either, though that probably doesn't matter since you were probably going to use bread yeast or maybe some from your sister's laundry...

horse.jpg

Get a clue kid... you need about 5 more years before you can brew legally... though by the looks of your spelling i'd say you're too stupid to care...

Cult, the more I think about it, the more I worry about someone your age being so interested in drinking. You really have educational issues that need to be addressed. I don't know if you're dyslexic or just undereducated, but spelling the word "can" like "cen" and some of your other typos shows that you need to work on your education.

Drinking will not solve your problems. It will only make them worse as you slide into a lifestyle you're not ready to handle. Please, rethink your decision to start drinking and work on your education.

I found some 1-gallon glass juice jugs in my Grandfather's basement a while back. Grandma must have put them down there 20 years ago before she died. In her infinite wisdom, she must have know someone would have a use for them some day.

They cleaned up nicely with Oxy0clean, labels peeled off after a short soak and I found they take a #8 stopper.

While they are currently empty, I plan on making two different meads when the weather warms up a bit more. Thanks Grandma!

DeadYetiBrew said:
though that probably doesn't matter since you were probably going to use bread yeast

Joe's Ancient Orange uses bread yeast..Many people have made that and have found it to be quite tasty. Try it before you knock it.

ALPS said:
Joe's Ancient Orange uses bread yeast..Many people have made that and have found it to be quite tasty. Try it before you knock it.

That wasn't really the point i was making, my father told me of how he made some mead with bread yeast and it was pretty good...

I think cheese gave the best message so far... I mean he actually made the same spelling mistakes after someone asked him to rephrase... he even knew he spelled it wrong... He probably thought he was koo or pimp daddy mack because of it...

I'm just debating whether i should give him a link to 'How to Grow Your Own Weed' or to Sylvan Learning Center...

ALPS said:

Isn't there a russian beer made with bread? Kolsch or something?

cult0890 said:
cen i use a 5L water bottle?

This guy doesn't get a clue... He's about 5 braincells short of catching a drift...

YOU...ARE...UNDER...AGE...YOU...ARE...NOT...ALLOWED...TO...BREW...WE...ARE...NOT...GOING...TO...HELP...YOU!

P.S. It's CAN... C.A.N... not cen...

eriklupust said:
typical of kids today can't spell correctly without a spell check:rockin:

They also don't understand jokes at their expense... Starting to think it's a troll, there's no way that kid is still asking advice, and still spelling can C.E.N... Though education these days is lacking...

I don't think he's a troll. I participated in that thread Cheesefood posted from the webiste of making home fuel, take the time to read it. He got some good advice there, and didn't listen to a word of it. What makes you think he'll do the same here? I think he's just an idiot....every village has one.

fretman124 said:
I don't think he's a troll. I participated in that thread Cheesefood posted from the webiste of making home fuel, take the time to read it. He got some good advice there, and didn't listen to a word of it. What makes you think he'll do the same here? I think he's just an idiot....every village has one.

/looks around

Fretman me and you gotta talk. I've been reading alot on that other board but havent posted yet

/looks around

PM me

Back