kegerator fermintation chamber questions..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
I just need some advice here. I want to take a chest freezer (I think this would be the easiest) and convert it to a fermentation chamber (mainly for lagering and crash cooling) and have room for approximately 2 corny kegs.. I just have two questions. 1. Is this a good idea? 2. What size chest cooler would i need to accomplish this? Also, my primaries are a couple buckets and a 6 gallon better bottle if that helps with dimensions..

If you get a ranco/johnson/temperature controller, it's a great idea! Controlling your fermentation tempatures greatly affects your beer.

Check out the sticky on sizing your keezer in the bottling/kegging thread- The only thing is, most people size with cornies in mind. Hopefully they're only one or two sizes you're dealing with, and it might help. Otherwise, I guess the only thing I can recommend is check it out for sizes of known freezers and stage your buckets to see if they will fit.

Good luck!

Back