Hello from Southern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo3sh

Reaction score
Howdy, folks - just sticking my head in to say hi. My name is Jo3sh, and I've been a homebrewer for about 14 years now. I live in Southern California, just north of Los Angeles. I'm not a member of the Maltose Falcons, but several of my friends are. I just don't like meetings, I guess.

I currently brew 10 gallon, all-grain batches. I don't have anything currently fermenting, since I just kegged up my spiced beer, but I will be brewing again on January 1 for the third year running. A friend and I do a nice session beer based on mild malt - this year, it looks like we will each get our rigs going, so we'll end up with 20 gallons. We may do slightly different recipes and swap kegs.

Currently on draft:
Old Irascible Imperial Stout I was knocked out all over again by North Coast's Old Raputin at Stone's 11th anniversary, so I decided to brew something like it. OG was 1.101. It's still settling in, but it's coming along very nicely.

The Dark Pumpkin The aformentioned spiced beer - a brown-amber beer with ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla bean. My first spiced beer. Il ike it, but the spices are pretty mild.

Anyway, hello again. I'm going to go browse around some and see what I can find.

Prost!

Hey, welcome aboard! I'm always glad to learn of another homebrewer in my neighborhood.

I keep meaning to join the Falcons, but for some reason never do. I'll have to remedy that.

Welcome! I'm too far south for the Maltose Falcons, and the local club here meets on a day of the week that is impossible right now. That's why I love this place. Always open!

Back