Keg for Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very very hot topic.

The majority of kegs are possibly stolen and can not be leagaly sold.

Saying that, I bought mine legit for $10 each.

Anyone got that horse?????

Yeah..I looked further into it on the forums and saw that it was a hot topic. I have found some for $35 and from some of the other threads that looks pretty close to what they got them for. Everything in Alaska costs a little more.

Do us a favor: buy one, convert it, and never mention how you got it.

Just make sure there's not a craft-brew stamping on it.

I got two for two sixers of home brew. Only one is in really good enough condition to convert. I have a weldless fitting coming from NB this week.

Greg

if you are going to snag one and convert it and you aren't 1000000% sure it's completely legit just please, make sure it's BMC and not from a craft brewery. They are so expensive for breweries to replace and, though not legal, is more acceptable to stick it to the man(the man being BMC who's product is inferior to a craft brewery) then stick it to a smaller brewery that puts out a tolerable product... HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

AlaskaBrewing said:
What did you guys pay for your keg that you changed into a brew kettle?
I picked up 5 for $15 each from the brewery. They said I saved them from having to cut them in half. The SS junk yard wasn't taking them whole due to theft issues.

Wild

Back