Big brew 2012 - hillsboro oregon - brew brothers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
took some pics when i first got there at 810 and again while i was running off. thought ya'll might enjoy some! wish i coulda got more, but it's hard when you're trying to keep an eye on your own beer... haha

my travel setup
DSC_0037.jpg

only a few people there that early
DSC_0038.jpg

Dark saison that turned into a black saison
DSC_0040.jpg

running off
DSC_0042.jpg

this boil made me get a bit scared.... didn't boil over though!
DSC_0044.jpg

after it started getting more and more crowded
DSC_0049.jpg

and another
DSC_0050.jpg

overview of everyone
DSC_0052.jpg

and another
DSC_0054.jpg

and another
DSC_0055.jpg

ducks inspired theme?
DSC_0058.jpg

gorgeous setup
DSC_0059.jpg

another setup
DSC_0060.jpg

nomz!
DSC_0062-1.jpg

everyone started to scramble to find a place to setup toward the end
DSC_0063.jpg

this was insane, he was doing 10 gallons, but must have had 40lbs of grain
DSC_0064.jpg

Flectsj workin the water!
DSC_0067.jpg

hop soup!
DSC_0068.jpg

I didn't get there until 11am. Our group was on the left side of the brew brothers entrance.

I brought about 25lbs of BBQ pulled pork. Did you get to try any? We also brought a bunch of tamales.

I was wearing a camo boony hat. You might remember me by the car I rolled up in. It's a yellow cobra.

Diaperload said:
I didn't get there until 11am. Our group was on the left side of the brew brothers entrance.

I brought about 25lbs of BBQ pulled pork. Did you get to try any? We also brought a bunch of tamales.

I was wearing a camo boony hat. You might remember me by the car I rolled up in. It's a yellow cobra.

Those tamales were delicious! It was an amazing day!

Reviving this thread as I see this year's Big Brew is coming up and I am thinking about attending. It looks like an absolute blast, but I have one question... how did you use your wort chiller? Did they provide water?

they provide hoses and water and such, i think i lent out my chiller twice though. People are more then happy to let you borrow things while you're out there. i think the last time a brew day like this happend (not big brew, but oktobrewfest there) i lent out my refract, a thermometer, some gloves lol. i'm pretty sure we all know we're going to forget something. like, i forgot a lighter for my burners!

haha of course!

That sounds awesome though. Brewers helping brewers. I am hoping the weather holds up and I can make it. Sounds like a great time.

I was just on the Brew Brothers site and saw the announcement for this and my first questions were about water and using an immersion chiller. I came to HBT and found someone had just posted about it. Great timing and thanks for the info. Not sure about brewing in a group, but it looks like everyone has fun.

DirtyOldDuck said:
I was just on the Brew Brothers site and saw the announcement for this and my first questions were about water and using an immersion chiller. I came to HBT and found someone had just posted about it. Great timing and thanks for the info. Not sure about brewing in a group, but it looks like everyone has fun.

It's an absolute blast! Think simple IMO. Try to do too much for your fist group brew and you might have real issues. I set my new single tier system on fire last year. Oops all turned out well. And remember to bring beer. It's like the biggest homebrew share you've ever been to!

What Sean said!
i have an electric rig i want to take out there... but lord knows i might run into issues with that, so i think this year i'm opting to use my propane stuff i think... keep it EASY! :mug: .. hell, even do a BIAB! :)

Back