Flying Fish Exit 8 is out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergolf

Reaction score
The newest beer in the Flying Fish Exit series is out. I was out last night and had a couple of them. Very nice. Anyone that is in the distribution area might want to give it a try.

Exit 8 - Chestnut Brown Ale

Exit 8 The long-delayed eighth stop on our multi- year trip brings us to, coincidentally, Exit 8 and celebrates what puts the “Garden” in Garden State.

To celebrate Exit 8, one of our big farming areas, we’ve brewed a beer that uses a lost local ingredient: chestnuts–and a popular current one: local honey. This full-bodied hybrid Belgian-style brown ale brings forward a nutty character from the chestnuts, accented by the flavors of honey, roasted barley and oat flakes. There’s a nice spiciness from the Mt. Rainier hops while Chinooks add a touch of pine. Fuggles and Columbus round out the hop profile.

Exit 8 pairs perfectly with hearty foods like roast pork, sausages or a nice aged gouda. Bottled conditioned, 8.3% abv

Now I want to try to make this one. Anyone have any idea how to use chestnuts in a brew?

I think I could get pretty close on the other ingredients.

Back