question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy7649

Reaction score
Sso It's been 2 weeks in the fermenter and time to bottle and not all the kroisen or foam has went back into the beer. What to do boottle or let ssit for another week.

What kind of beer is it? Sometimes my krausens don't fall back during primary. I usually just rack from underneath it into secondary. If you're going straight from primary to bottling, I'd just make sure you hydrometer readings are holding steady for a couple days. Then siphon from underneath the floating stuff.

Wouldn't hurt as far as what I have read up on. Seems to me that a majority of brewers may let it sit for about a month in the primary before moving it. So a total of three weeks may help finish the fermintation. Good luck.

Leave it a few more weeks then rack from under the sludge if there is any left.

B

I had a Kolsch that didn't drop krausen after 3 weeks. I've heard that cold crashing it will help it to clear and drop, but I didn't try it. I just racked underneath the foam into secondary, since my 5 gallon carboy fits in the fridge for cold conditioning time.

It's a blonde ale. It's Done ferrmenting. I want it bottle ready for halloween. So i might let it go for a fee more days. Buut if It's Still there I'm just going to bottle.

Latest posts

Back