quick temp control question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwomp313

Reaction score
I have a chest freezer I converted for kegs and I was wondering something. With the temperature probe, should it by flapping in the breeze, touching the side of the freezer or in a glass of water? It's the johnson analog controller, btw.

Your not going to get a straight answer on this one. A lot of opinons out there. I started out taping mine to one of the kegs. After a couple of change outs the tape died and it now just swings. I haven't noticed any change in the cycling time of the freezer, nor anything freezing. It's up to you. The biggest thing I can suggest is to make sure you have some sort of fan moving the air around.

I'll resurrect this one and ask it here as I couldn't find it elsewhere, does the sensor wire (copper looking coiled stuff) need to be stuffed in the keezer, or can you leave the excess coiled up out of the way OUTSIDE the freezer where its not subject to the keezer's temps?

I'm pretty sure the only part that needs to be inside the keezer is the probe. The rest I think you can do whatever with.

Back