corney in vs. out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw341034

Reaction score
When talking about ball lock style corney kegs is there a difference in measurments regarding the in and out spigots that would warrant different quick disconnects? I know my local home brew store sells in and out quick disconects. Is there really a difference?

Yep - slightly different size. Think the "in" is a bit smaller diameter.

I purchased red o-rings and put them on the gas plugs. Makes it easy: black to black, grey to red. Just like stereo cables. I've got a few cornies that arrived with green o-rings on the gas.

Oops, I hope there really isn't a differnce. I just disassembled three kegs and cleaned/sanitized everything. Dumped all the parts into a mason jar of sanitizer.

Unless it was just coincidence that I asssembled the first keg with the correct ball lock assemblies on the correct side,
I should be OK.

Is there any reason you would want to not use the propper one? It just makes it eaiser to keep track of which one goes where.

Also, on alot on kegs the gas side nut is star shaped as apposed to octogonal(or is it 6 sided:confused: ) anyway, it's to help you from hooking up wrong and putting beer into your regulator.

Back