Monitoring a keg's contents

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grat5454

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had rigged up a way to keep track of how much beer a keg in a kegerator has in it. I'm envisioning something along the lines of a gas gauge for a car, only on my kegerator. Anyone know of a way to do this? Or have any thoughts on a starting point?

you could weigh the keg empty on your bathroom scale and weigh it during your drinking. Also, weigh a single or set number of glasses of beer. Then knowing the weight per glass of beer, divide the weight of the keg plus beer minus the empty keg weight by the weight per glass of beer. then you will know how many glasses are left.

(keg+beer)-kegempty
--------------------- = #of glasses
weight per glass(es)

kinda geeky but my first thought. :p

second thought: take keg out of fridge watch for condensation to build if your humidity is high enough. the condensation should stop at the line where the beer is highest.

Pull the corny keg out and let it set at room temperature for a minute or two and the condensation line will show you your liquid level.

Latest posts

Back