Rustico in Old Town Alexandria (DC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBuck

Reaction score
Rustico’s, DC's finest. First time back in this area and I'm re-discovering new places. Intended to visit Dog Fish Head Alehouse about 7 miles up the main highway but I could not drag myself away from here (and they carry DFH). This place is absolutely tops! The beer list almost reads like a wine selection. Dozens of beer style titles each boast a top selection of beers. You name it, they've got a representative variety. And oh, by the way, the food is fantastic too.

The force of three from here at the Rustico Restaurant in Old Town -- Greg (the keeper of all beer knowledge), Nahem (the OCD, can-do tornado), and Eric (the precocious home brewer) -- all come from Brickskeller and helped establish this place 2 1/2 years ago.

Yes, a bit expensive, but one hell of a sampling under one roof... Well worth it. They even bucket beer offerings; three like-kind of different styles on which you can save 4-10 bucks.

BONUS: Coming soon (never soon enough) will be their new effort. The new beer nerd nirvana, the Church Key (upstairs grand bar with tapas), opening on Rhode Island and 14th in October. Lower floor will be the restaurant.

There will be three hemispheres established. Each at a different set temperature for proper cooling of the different beer styles. Five cask conditioned beers, 500 bottles!

They are combining forces to open the Church Key and already have lined up a notable list of beer's who's who to promote it.

Eric and Naheem are also teaming up to author a book. It will highlight the top 50 microbreweries in the US and each of their top ten beers.

This cyclone of symbiotic energy espouses the goal of educating everyman that beer is not simply a piss water high and that truer happiness can be found among the righteous paths imbued with hops, malt, barley, yeast, and water.

Time for another round of deep thought...

Buck

Latest posts

Back