cracked pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakin22

Reaction score
The aluminum pot that came with my turkey fryer has a crack in the bottom about one inch long. I have a SS one but wonder if there is a way to fix this one. Could use it to heat sparge water.

was it new? I"d just return it and make them exchange it.

otherwise, i don't know how easy it is to weld aluminum. for sparge water, you don't need a real fancy weld (i.e. "sanitary weld"), just a patch job.

i know nothing about welding.

Aluminum is easy to weld IF you have the right equipment. Those pots tend to be rather thin though.

Its not new. There was a construction accident. I've seen these rods that you melt with a torch, but would the burner melt the solder.

i found the website that makes the aluminum repair rods but they only sell it by the pound. i have seen it before where you can buy it in smaller quanitys but i dont rember where and about the burner melting it i dont think that will be a problem it has to be over 700 deg. to do that. anyway here is the website http://durafix.com/

Latest posts

Back