BCS 460, Rims, E build....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdwiggi

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am in the middle of planning a a electric brew rig with a Rims attachment and a brain made up of the BCS-460. I have been looking at all the build threads on the subject and have lost an important thread concerning the wiring of the following:

1- BCS-460
2- 4500 watt 240 Volt Heating elements
1- 5500 watt 240 Volt Heating element
2- Pumps

I have found a very similar thread concerning other PIDS but I would like to use he BCS product. Anyone's help in finding he thread or a diagram wiring this simple configuration would be helpful.

Caleb

I'm building something very similar. Theelectricbrewery.com has been a valuable resource. You could almost copy his panel exactly, but use the BCS instead of the Auber PIDs and you'll need another contactor & ssr.

You are still using temp inputs to control outputs, so the only difference is what they hook up to. The BCS is clearly labeled for the connections you need to make. The fun part will be programming! (for me anyways)

Latest posts

Back