York, PA Bound (Again)... 8/24 - 8/27/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm game to come up one night after work (Mon-Wednesday).

If we meet up someplace other than a bar, I'll bring homebrew.

PM me if you guys went to email to discuss plans for this.

THAT, my friend can be arranged...:mug:

Chances are I can talk the wife into NOT coming with me since it's only 4 days and I'll HAVE to drive straight through...therefore, I can bring more HB, cider and mead...

As I said earlier, I'll be staying on the corner of N. George and Arsenal. There's a hotel on the corner on the hill on the right.

We could have a get together at the room. I'd say pool, but chances are no glass allowed...

OK, Lemonade Mead is definitely showing up for the party...

I have 2 other brews also ready. One's a Hefe Weizen and the other's a Pale Ale. They are both kegged.

Hefe Weizen: Light body. Good for the hot summer days...4.7% ABV.

Pale Ale: Nice hoppy, malty flavor. Very middle of the road (depends on the neighborhood, I know)...Not dry hopped, but full of flavor...4.856% ABV.

Which KEG do you guys want me to bring??? Majority vote wins. ;)

Well, for me it's gonna be a 45-60 minute drive, so a sample of the lemonade mead will be enough for me. :)

We setting something up for Monday?

Holy crappola, I was gonna say I am in for a night, but I just did some google mapping, it is over 90 minutes one way.

Everyone's welcome...:mug:

Just packed the car with some ciders & meads...the keg will go in before I leave...want to keep it in the keezer until I can get enough ice to travel with...Hefe Weizen it is...:ban:

Just call my cell...

See you all there...

Bill

Once I figure how far buck is from york, I'm interested. Google isn't being much of a help since I don't know PA. I'll call you tomorrow.

If you're south of Lancaster in Buck. I would say 45 mins. Take Rte 372 West and cross the river. Head North on 74 then turn right in Red Lion on to Rte 24. Take 24 to Rte 30 and head west. Rte 30 is Arsenal Road, George St is the next road after I-83.

HB-99,
I might be able to swing by tonight as well. Will have to check with SWMBO when I get home.
Rick

If you're south of Lancaster in Buck. I would say 45 mins. Take Rte 372 West and cross the river. Head North on 74 then turn right in Red Lion on to Rte 24. Take 24 to Rte 30 and head west. Rte 30 is Arsenal Road, George St is the next road after I-83.

HB-99,
I might be able to swing by tonight as well. Will have to check with SWMBO when I get home.
Rick

OK, great. I'm at the Wingate at N. George and Rt 30 (Arsenal Rd). The driveway is between Hardee's and Auto Zone...

jetzter6 is coming about 7.

beerthirty: there's always tomorrow night...:mug: I have an old Jersey friend coming from Charlestown, MD tomorrow night also.

Ugh...what a night. Hangover city. My roommate ended up calling in sick today.

Lemonade Mead was great! Thanks for bringing me those extra bottles, Bill.

Hangover??? Don't you rehydrate before bedtime?

I was fine the next morning...and the one after that, and the one after that...:mug:

I just got home about an hour ago...what was Mike's call sign? ???????MEB?

Any way, it was great to meet you guys and share a few brews.

Mike (Warrior) called me on the road today (I was driving through Ohio at the time) and said he'd be free to get together tonight...unfortunately, I was already homeward bound. :eek:

Mike's screen name here is shootermeb.

Thanks for bringing those brews! Had a good time (and of course they were good brews).

Hey, don't forget to send me the recipe for the cider...I think it was id# 8025???

I'll try to type it up this weekend. I don't have to go to Kansas next week so I get a week reprieve...:ban:

I get to go there right after the holiday then back to Jersey 2 weeks after that...it's been every other week on the road for 2 months now...:D

When you do the jersey trip, how do you head back? Straight out I-80 or down 95 and around Baltimore to I-70?

I live right off I-95 above the Baltimore beltway. You're welcome to stop in and pick up some samples (and drop some off) any time.

I live 1 mile off of exit 27 on I-80...which direction would you go? :D No Jersy to B'more is really too long of a detour.

Chances are I'll be in York again before the end of the year.

My longtime friend Dan lives in Charlestown, north of APG...he visited with me in York on Tues night.

He doesn't brew, but he came to visit me 2 summers ago and together we killed 4 kegs in 5 days...just the two of us...:mug:

Latest posts

Back