plumbing help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHF

Reaction score
I was just browsing through the grainger site and was about to make a purchase for some stainless fittings to make an inline aeration device, however it looks to me that the hex bushings are not threaded on the inside all the way through? Does anyone know if that's the case and if so, where might I get a fitting that is threaded outside and inside on both ends? Basically, I want to screw a hose barb (or aeration stone directly) into the inside thread, and then screw that so it fits inside a "T" with the outside threads, but it looks like these won't work as in the picture (to me anyway) it looks like the inside is not threaded completely through on the end opposite the hex Checking some other fittings sites resulted in similar results

> Hex Bushing,1/2 x 1/4 In,304 SS,150 PSI : Grainger Industrial Supply

What you claim you want indicates that you don't understand that pipe threads are tapered, and thus only "work" from one direction anyway. The taper is what makes them seal up tight.

ie, a fitting "threaded all the way through" would not accept a fitting in the opposite end. It would have to be threaded from both ends to accept a threaded part in both ends. This would probably be a custom part - buy a pipe tap and modify one (by adding threads to the inside end) is likely your cheapest option, or just have a fitting custom-made by a competent machine shop that directly does what you want.

That's what I meant, threaded on both ends rather than "through" poor choice of words. I think I found a brass face bushing that will work for what I need.

Back