Vanilla Beans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindflux

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering 1/4lb or so of bourbon vanilla beans. (30 or so beans). Would any of you local texas folk be interested in splitting an order?

Here's the link:
http://stores.ebay.com/The-Organic-Vanilla-Bean-Company_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

A lot of folk on the green board have ordered them and say they are great quality and a great price.

21/shipped for 1/4 pound of 6-7" long beans is a steal... but I couldn't use 30 beans in the lifespan (1 year) of picked beans.

Mindflux said:
I'm thinking of ordering 1/4lb or so of bourbon vanilla beans. (30 or so beans). Would any of you local texas folk be interested in splitting an order?

Here's the link:
http://stores.ebay.com/The-Organic-Vanilla-Bean-Company_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

A lot of folk on the green board have ordered them and say they are great quality and a great price.

21/shipped for 1/4 pound of 6-7" long beans is a steal... but I couldn't use 30 beans in the lifespan (1 year) of picked beans.

Are you wanting to split 30 or do you want 30?

I'm interested in 1/8th if you want to split 1/4 pound

Scott,
I want to split it up. Obviously the larger the order the cheaper it becomes overall. If I need to order 1/4 lb (30 or so beans) and split it.. fine by me :) I can make due with 15.. heck I could make do with 7 !

Actually since it's an approximate number of beans (about 30) but the weight (113 gm) seems to be the common ground, it would be easier to split by weight. :).. sorta.

Great, we'll just see if anyone else jumps on before we determine how much to order. Just send me a pm with your address when you're ready and I'll send you my part immediately.

Yeah I figure lets give it through the end of the week. I'll order monday that way they wont sit anywhere waiting to get delivered to me. Then I'll divy it up, wrap them in cling wrap, ziploc them and get them in some bubble packages for shipping. It shouldn't take but a day or two to get anywhere in texas with basic postal rates.

Well now that I look at it, it seems that his biggest batch of bourbon beans is 1/4 lb. The bigger quantities are Tahitian beans...

Alright, Vicki from Organic Vanilla (ebay store) said she'd have larger quantity Grade "A" Bourbon beans in next week. So we wont be limited to 1/4oz if more people decide to join up.

I actually ordered a some of the bourbon vanilla beans from these folks a week or two ago...great service and the beans look good. I've done a few recipes recently with vanilla beans and the wife likes making flan...at $4-5 a pop we weren't doing it often, but these beans seem like a good deal.

Back