Saison - how long at 85F?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimmyR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed 7/13...1.064 OG now 1.002 and sitting tight at 85F. I am unable to temp control it for the next week. Should I leave it at 85 for 10 more days or let it come back to room temp of 72F.

Thoughts?

i fermented my first saison hot and will never do that again. all of the subsequent saisons i fermented at the lower end of their temperature range and they were all home runs. sounds like this has already fermented out so i would let it come down to 72F.

You did not mention which yeast you used, but since you are at 1.002 you are ok with either option. It probably is easier to just let it come to room temp, so that option is the best.

The beers (two 5.5 gallong batches from the same wort) were fermented with Saison II and American Farmhouse from White Labs. They were pitched at around 72F and fermented there for about 3-days before a slow rise to 85F. I tasted them after 7-days and they were about finished out but I let them hang out at 85F and now they are slowly returning to room temp.

They both tasted awesome at 7 days. The Saison II seemed to play well with the Galaxy and Citra hops I assaulted it with. The American Farmhouse already has some nice Brett notes.

Back