Equipment Sizing??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
I just can't seem to nail down the equipment sizes for my nano brewery. I want to be as efficient as possible.

My goal is at the end of the day I want to have finished 1bbl (fill 6x 1/6bbl sanke kegs)

I am needing to figure out HLT/Mash/Boil kettle sizes as well as the fermenter sizes.

I have decided I want to go with the Brewhemoth v2.0 fermenter which is 22 gallon volume and is 1/2 bbl capacity....we are going to purchase for of these.

As far brewing system we are looking at psychobrew which has kettle sizes of 45/40, and is stated to produce 1bbl.

So can someone give me some insider information on how to size all of this up??

Thanks for the help! :D

My boil kettle is 55 gallons and I currently make 35 gallon batches. I think I could make 40 gallon batches but I wouldn't want to go any bigger. I think you need at least 10 and preferably 15 gallons of head space on your boil kettle.

stevehaun said:
My boil kettle is 55 gallons and I currently make 35 gallon batches. I think I could make 40 gallon batches but I wouldn't want to go any bigger. I think you need at least 10 and preferably 15 gallons of head space on your boil kettle.

Good info!

Bump for some more feedback!

Back