ATTN: MN/WI Mead Makers (raw honey)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a line on a few lbs of raw honey.. like 100+

I can do a smaller amount but the price goes up. at 120lbs we're probably looking at $2.25/lb If I can get up to 240lbs, I think I can get em down to $2.00/lb

Post if you are interested and how much you want.

so, I'm in for 60 lbs... If i do a 5 gal pail, it will be even less. so at this point, i'm looking at getting 180 lbs, (waiting to hear back today on the price) I figure I'll tale the left over 120 lbs and break it down into 6 or 12 lb increments (1/2 gal or gal jugs) so even if you are only interested in 1/2 or 1 gal of honey, we'll be accommodating.

Is that the same type of honey I got from you last summer?

I promised you I'd do a mead with it- but it was so good that we've used it in the crabapple wine with great results! After it's aged a bit, I want to send you a bottle. OR you can come over this summer and pick it up!

That honey was really great.

Is that the same type of honey I got from you last summer?

I promised you I'd do a mead with it- but it was so good that we've used it in the crabapple wine with great results! After it's aged a bit, I want to send you a bottle. OR you can come over this summer and pick it up!

That honey was really great.

Hey Yoop, glad you enjoyed it! I'd love to get a bottle. Coming out this summer is a grand idea, but we'll have to see if Sara's and my schedule permit. I know she stated that would be a blast (but only if I can control my mouth when it comes to politics wink wink :D ) As far as the honey, I got a PM from someone sort of in your neck of the woods who is interested in buying some, if you want some more, I think we can make that happen.

ok, finally got it worked out with the producer, the going rate for 5gal increments is $25 / gal. That shakes out to $2.08 / lb which is a really nice price.

Part of the deal is that I supply the food grade buckets and lids. which I also have a source for... (free) I'm thinking that if it's not a big deal, I'd kick the price up to $2.25/lb to help ofset the cost of running around (gas is over $3.50/gal right?)

so here is the official prices we'll go with:

$27 /gal

$2.25 /lb

PM me with your order...

Back