Suggestions for Easy Partial Mash Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomelessWook

Reaction score
So i visited my LHBS and picked up a few new toys.

My first brew will be ready to bottle in about a week and i am beginning to plan my second brew. My first brew was an all extract kit and i do not want to do another all extract brew.

i have been reading a lot and watching you tube videos and have read that sticky thread in this forum about easy partial mash about 12 times

i think i can handle it.

just one BIG problem.

i dont know a good easy SMaSH recipe - i want it to be a simple recipe like i said so a smash will work best.

i would love to brew a Porter.

any recipe or suggestions will do - just bare in mind that i can only brew Ales at this moment in time.

Thanks

edit: and i searched the website before starting this thread.

So i visited my LHBS and picked up a few new toys.

My first brew will be ready to bottle in about a week and i am beginning to plan my second brew. My first brew was an all extract kit and i do not want to do another all extract brew.

i have been reading a lot and watching you tube videos and have read that sticky thread in this forum about easy partial mash about 12 times

i think i can handle it.

just one BIG problem.

i dont know a good easy SMaSH recipe - i want it to be a simple recipe like i said so a smash will work best.

i would love to brew a Porter.

any recipe or suggestions will do - just bare in mind that i can only brew Ales at this moment in time.

Thanks

edit: and i searched the website before starting this thread.

Good plan! If you want a SMaSH, dont do a porter... since a porter would be more than one malt. Are you using brewing software? Even the online ones are easy to use and free... If so whip one up, it would only take a minute. Google Beer Calculus... its great!

Well you can always check out the recipe forums here for partial-mash for ideas on great beer. But what do YOU want to make? If your LHBS doesn't have much to offer on their recipes and they are good enough to build one for you just print one off here and bring it in to them for them to build. You can always look at some of the featured online brew shops such as Austin and they, I believe, have a kit for every type of brew style: Extract, partial, AG (with dry or liquid malt extract).

Good luck and let us know what you end up deciding!

Back