Force carbing-2 kegs/1 co2 tank and reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Boss

Reaction score
I currently have a kegerator that i built about four years ago. Nothin special, one keg and a cheap tank and reg. I am going to build a keezer with two faucets and kegs. My question is how do force carb one keg (30 psi), and have one at serving presssure (4-7 psi). Does the gas have to be on the force carbing keg all the time, or can I just pump it full of gas till it wont hold anymore and shut the gas off to it? Half the reason i want a 2 keg system is so i can carb one and serve the other.

Primary:None
Secondary: Coffee Stout
Bottled: Am. Pale Ale, Vanilla Porter, Bock
R.I.P.: Am. Brown Ale, Chocolate Porter, Oatmeal Stout

Try this:
Attach your tank to the corney you wish to pressurize. Turn the CO2 up to 30PSI. Lay the corney across your lap and roll it/shake it back and forth to the best of your ability (remember it will still be attached to the tank). Do this for one minute. Then disconnect and use the tank to drive/keep pressure on your other beer. The one at 30 psi should be ready to serve in a day or two....just vent the gas before you serve it. Let me know how it works.

I just have a regulator with a Y splitter and shut off valves. It's a ghetto set up, but right now I'm carbing up a British mild at 35 psi. The APA is fully carbed, so the gas is shut off to it. There's plenty to dispense, and if it goes to slow, I'll open the valve a little to get enough gas to push it. I realize if I did this long term, it wouldn't work because the second beer would eventually go flat. But for the two days or so that I'm doing it, it works just fine.

I really would like to get a second regulator, but it's just not in the budget for me. I have many other brewing equipment priorities (like a grain mill) before I buy another regulator just to have different pressures. Oh, it'd be great to have the beers carbed up according to style, but I just serve them the same and it's fine.

Back