Old Cans of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I was looking in my fridge at work this morning and I noticed that there are two cans of Leinie's (I think) in there that have been there for, well, let's say awhile. The supermarket where I bought them has been closed for at least two years I think. So, those cans have been happily sitting in the fridge almost since Bush's first adminstration. Are they still good, or are they garbage?

Better yet, get a fresh can of Leinie's and do a side by side comparison. Report your findings back to us.

Yuri_Rage said:
You don't?
;)

We have 2 cases of guinness left over from our St. Patrick's day party on friday. I brought in a few from my first batch and my boss and I sat down and had a beer. :mug:

Any chance to drink, and we do it!

I've had a couple micros that were refrigerated for over a year, some good, some bad.

The fact that they're in cans should help.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure "having a beer in the can at work" is a sign that you might need help.

I drank canned beer that was expired for more than 3 years ... poured it into a glass. It looked perfectly fine and tasted quite good. :)
I wouldn't be too concerned ....

Back