How often do you drink in a pub.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once a month. This is restricted mostly by not having a readily available DD.

Depends what you mean by pub. I go have a beer at a bar maybe once or twice a week. However, in the bars by my house, the best beer you can get is a Newcastle. How often do I visit an actual pub or micro? Maybe once a month. I am hoping that will change though. There is a new bar opening down the street that will hopefully be cool. I am sure it will dissapoint though.

Maybe once a week. I have enough beer at home to drown a small army...so it's VERY hard to justify going out and dropping 4 bucks on a single effing pint. I do try to hit up this local pizza joint that has a simply amazing selection, and $2 pints every day from 5 to 6:30. But given my beer stash at home, if I'm going out, I'm more apt to go out to dinner rather than just go drinking...

Oh, and just so you know, our state has this crackheaded law that any place serving alcohol also has to serve food, and must get a certain percentage of their income from said food sales. So there are no true pubs here. It's actually comical to see these dumpy dives that should be bars try to serve food.

Ah, gotta love puritanism...

I hit up Capital Ale House regularly to see what's on tap. Gives me ideas for future brews, especially since there are plenty of styles I've never tried (yet).

Hardly ever. I need to get out more but drinking buddies are fewer and farther between. Plus, they all show up at the house these days to see what I have on tap.

I don't go to lots of different pubs anymore. I have a few local favorites that I frequent where I know the beer is good and fresh and the crowd and staff are friendly. I went to one of them recently after about a month hiatus and one of the (hot) waitresses smacked me in the back of the head for neglecting them...

Almost never. Between my brews and the stuff I can get at the state store and/or World Market I'm set. There are no pubs/bars locally that have any good beer.

Well, if we actually had what I consider to be a pub here in America I would probably enjoy a nice pint every evening. Unfortunately, we mostly have bars with a few "pubs" sprinkled in, none of which have anything decent to actually drink in them.

Someone give me a real pub with trivia night and I am there! In the meantime, my house and my beer will just have to do.

I think my town probably has around 200 plus pubs.
Plenty of them like this.

3891_2f036bfe5990b0d4986d1fa3c9d47d00.jpg

54282_4d122cc66cd22c96355447b019bfd92f.jpg

3900_1870fff6bef43c3c52800e7ff121ce8a.jpg

Pubs?

What are those? ;)

Round where I am there are only places with names like the "dawg house", "Phat kat's" and the "packing house" (guess what business this used to be) and guess what their normal tipple is... I'll give you a hint.

3 letters.

Okay, I guess i do hav a brew-pub which is really quite good, Trout river.

1-2 a month... :eek:

too far too walk or else I would go twice a week (that is all they are open)

SWMBO won't drive that often. :eek:

I rarely make it to a pub/bar. Just don't have a ton of time. We'll make it to a brewpub every couple of months or so, there's a decent one not too far south of here. But, that's a replacement for going out to dinner, not going to a pub to go to a pub. Just don't have the time... :(

Pub (just serves beer & wine), almost never. About once a week I'll hit a brewpub, which is a brewery with a bar & restaurant attached. "They say" the pub scene is dying. I actually don't know of any pubs in the area, but I don't go to regular bars/taverns either, as they stink and serve BMC.

I can say I've never seen a place that would meet the British definition of a pub.

Pub, its been a while. Probably a month of so. Just to expensive. Bar's on the other had just about every weekend. Although I have had to start drinking Whiskey because I can not drink Bud light any more, and refuse to spend 5 bucks on a half way decent beer.

I've been to bar here that is owned and operated by couple from Ireland, the bartender was from Dublin. That is the closest I have ever been to what could be considered a "pub." BTW the name is Rare Auld Times, if anyone near here is interested.

There is another bar that is supposed to resemble true English pub, called Penny Lane, that I have been itching to visit.

Orfy, I'm jealous.

We don't have many pubs out here either. Those that are available aren't open when I get off work so I only get to have a retail beer once or twice a month.

Wild

2-3 x per week but its my watering hole close by for socialization as well. I know all the bartenders and the owner and the good looking waitresses ;) . That's a "pub/bar" to me.

That thing attached to a corporate chain restaurant like Applebees etc. that has a bartender I don't consider a pub/bar. Not many true familly owned "pubs" in urban sprawl high growth western cities.

Did find this place recently which is pretty cool. Really looks like an irish pub with all authentic inners.

150-5098_IMG.JPG

www.aulddubliner.com. 15 miles away though :(. Chimone, if you're out there it's near UA on university. I recommend popping in.

Almost never for me. There is a neighborhood honkey-tonk that I'm pretty fond of, but I get the feeling that most of you guys wouldn't consider it a "pub". Its like that place David Allen Coe sings about... "Where bikers stare at cowboys who're laughin' at the hippies who're prayn' they'll get out of here alive"... Concrete floor, jukebox, couple pool tables, bar and beer on ice... Cute white trash cocktail waitress... you know the kind of place. I go there every week or two, its close by and if I drink too much I can walk home.

Mutilated1 said:
Concrete floor, jukebox, couple pool tables, bar and beer on ice... Cute white trash cocktail waitress... its close by and if I drink too much I can walk home.

I used to have one of those. Man do I miss it... The ability to walk home seriously adds to it. It really sucks to go somewhere and have A drink..

Cheese is being cheese again orfy. Your ferry is our ferry as well.

StarFerry_PHOT0646_2.jpg

And Fairy

gay%20boys.jpg

We've got a few good pubs in the Seattle area, especially The Blarney Stone, which has some good beers, and perfect food.

Latest posts

Back