What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombie Dust!
A trade for with xraymikek one BC Barley Wine for two of these. Delicious. Wish I had asked for three. Haha
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389317667.427043.jpg

Its pretty enough for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty enough for me too. But some people might be put off by a cloudy beer with floaties in it. I prefer it in a glass though. That way I can get my nose in there and breathe in that beautiful hop aroma.

Hell yea my firehouse isnt far from richmond hill we have a decent gym there.

When you say 20 brews you mean batches or individual bottles?

Individual bottles. I have some other stuff (commercial) like some Pipeworks, Abyss, Black Butte 25 Anny, NEBCO Murder, BCBS and many other types I am letting sit for a while.

Let's see transfered my 26 stitch ipa to secondary and dry hopped with an oz of chinook and took gravity reading so sampled her and it was delicious, then with dinner had a fresh sucks

Grav sample:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389318158.359445.jpg

Sucks:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389318246.706550.jpg

Not bad subdued belgian yeast flavor and aroma but well worth $2.99
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389318576.123763.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389318544.078417.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389318544.078417.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
3rd pour off the keg of apfelwein. Can't overindulge until tomorrow as SWMBO got pissed that someone got bombed on Monday and knocked over the christmas tree when getting up following a little nap in the chair, especially since her mom was sleeping on the couch while it happened... oops

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Let's see transfered my 26 stitch ipa to secondary and dry hopped with an oz of chinook and took gravity reading so sampled her and it was delicious, then with dinner had a fresh sucks

Grav sample:
View attachment 171191

Sucks:
View attachment 171195

Good to see you didn't stand on a trash can to transfer the beer to secondary. You might've had to rename it 52 stitch IPA. ;)

Keepin it real with 1/2 a 12 oz bottle of some newly bottled Blackberry wine,its ok so far but very young-pretty dry and tart I like the semisweet or offdry ones more myself. And some Clownshoes Swagger that doesnt really taste much like a lager. Rather goodly of a hoppy beer.

Water. . Meh! Doing a detox and dieting with swmbo. I know its cliche but getting healthier in the new year!.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Tried a test bottle of a stout I bottled on 12/19. The head came up okay on the pour, but didn't last very long. The carb seemed pretty weak still. The malt is still sweet and I'm not getting any hop bitterness at all. Seems a little fruity...almost slightly sour, rather than toasted or smokey. Almost a little stale aftertaste. I used some older malt and grains I was given...all were sealed and the grain was whole and I milled it, but it might not have been the best batch. Maybe if I bottle condition the crap out of it...maybe a year or more...it might get better?

Ya can't get mussels, shrimp, and crab in NC?:D
You hurt my soul to know end. :(
Tried a test bottle of a stout I bottled on 12/19. The head came up okay on the pour, but didn't last very long. The carb seemed pretty weak still. The malt is still sweet and I'm not getting any hop bitterness at all. Seems a little fruity...almost slightly sour, rather than toasted or smokey. Almost a little stale aftertaste. I used some older malt and grains I was given...all were sealed and the grain was whole and I milled it, but it might not have been the best batch. Maybe if I bottle condition the crap out of it...maybe a year or more...it might get better?
Send it here, I will test it for you. I'm sort of nearby Food Lion. Haha

Dead tonight, A little of my Mad Elf clone for a night cap!

Your clone? I want to try to brew that.

I guess I'm staying up tonight. :D
This is a craft beer club bottle sent. Not impressed with the craft beer club but
It was 36 bottles of free beer so I don't complain. This was one of the better bottles. I do love this Sam Adams March madness glass with the basketball bottom.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389322329.411377.jpg

tripplehazzard said:
Water. . Meh! Doing a detox and dieting with swmbo. I know its cliche but getting healthier in the new year!.

Nice bro. Ive just been cutting back big time. If you havent noticed by lack of actual beer posts. Ive been brewing big beers that way i can keep up wirh my brewing craving but also not have to worry about drinking 25 ipas iand finding people to give 25 away to in a month so they dont go bad.

Got an american barleywine coming up next 12.4 % 90+ ibus. Hopefully itll come out to specs. 1st time with a really big beer like this.

Nice bro. Ive just been cutting back big time. If you havent noticed by lack of actual beer posts. Ive been brewing big beers that way i can keep up wirh my brewing craving but also not have to worry about drinking 25 ipas iand finding people to give 25 away to in a month so they dont go bad.

Got an american barleywine coming up next 12.4 % 90+ ibus. Hopefully itll come out to specs. 1st time with a really big beer like this.

Nice!! That was my thoughts exactly. Going to brew some big beers..maybe even a Oakes imperial stout. Let those age and piggout on beer every once and a while. Ever seen a good bcbs clone recipe?

You've got no idea what it's like up here in the northern half. You'd never survive.

Ha ha. I have an idea. My friends in Fairfield don't see much NEBCO. I was in Danbury today and saw absolutely no NEBCO anywhere on the shelves at the beer stores there.

Dead tonight, A little of my Mad Elf clone for a night cap!

Nice!! I did one if these last year.. aged it on frozen cherries for about 3 months. I did frozen cherries. Half sweet Half tart. . The beer came out a little more sour than I wanted. But still awesome! Probably my favorite batch I have done.. some bottle seemed more sour than others tho. I know I sent mark one but never heard any feedback on it.. maybe he still has it. :D

Schlafly TIPA. One word. HOL-LA! And... last bottle. Goodbye amazingly insanley juicyness. Ive been served, by you my beer. Follow the yellow brick road. Lamb-burgers it is tomarrow!-- only because its the first Ive ever bought ground lamb- thank you Jesus and your kind for inspiration, I sacrifice, in the name of living blood to live, life after we eat it. In burger style. Thank you too Mr. Lamb as youve sacrificed for me to live! Thats how you respect meat. Oh and you meditrainian gyro makers too. Kinda wann make a gyroll,those look sweet been years since Ive had one. Drool,drool on.

You hurt my soul to know end. :(

Send it here, I will test it for you. I'm sort of nearby Food Lion. Haha

Your clone? I want to try to brew that.

I guess I'm staying up tonight. :D
This is a craft beer club bottle sent. Not impressed with the craft beer club but
It was 36 bottles of free beer so I don't complain. This was one of the better bottles. I do love this Sam Adams March madness glass with the basketball bottom.

View attachment 171214
I need to bottle some of the ME and if I do, and I hate bottling i'll sent a couple to you, It's dangerous to have on tap and I do want to save some but did I mention I hate bottling!:drunk:

Back