Element Install in a 1/2 Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiverDance

Reaction score
I have a half keg (30L/7.5 Gal) and was looking to install an element into it weldless style but where I want the element there are curves in the keg at that point? Any idea on how to keep my element low and still get a tight fit on the lock nut/element? Can I try and hammer out a flat spot?

Thanks,

LD

Don't know what you'll do with a weldless option. Consider having a welder weld the nut to the keg flat. he should be able to fill in the gap I'd imagine.

Kegs-new.jpg

You must have a quarter barrel.

I installed a spa heating element in my quarter barrel instead of a water heater element. I drilled two holes for the element in the bottom of the keg. The beauty of this type of element is it is a weldless type, drill the holes, install and it's done.

You can see a bad picture of it in post #220 of the "Soldering Stainless steel" mega thread in this forum.

Here is a picture of the type of element I used - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Tub-Spa-Hea...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7dbbd02749

Back