New Keezer Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
I got the go ahead to build a larger kegerator, moving up from the 4912 because I need more taps. I am going to double layer either 1x4 or 1x6. I do not know how long of shanks I am going to need because they list on micromatic as total length rather than thread length, can anyone lend some help? Also what temp controller would work best with this application? Which bore size is preferable? The hoses I use now are 3/16 I believe. Any other general advice would also be appreciated.

Bump
Does nobody know, or have time to measure how long of a shank I will need to order to go through 1 1/2 inches of wood. The faucet receiver and the flange are included in the measurement listed on the website. So I need to know how much space they take up, as well as how much extra is needed to allow for the tail fittings. Thanks

I purchased my 2'' shanks from the beverage factory. I took a quick measurement to double check, and indeed, the threaded part of the shank is 2''. Total length of the shanks is 3.5''-4''. If you only have to make it through 1 1/2" plywood, you should be fine with some 2" or 3" shanks.

Add 1 1/4" to your wall thickness for shank length if they have built-in barb connections, 2 inches if you are using screw on connectors.

Back