4912 draft tower extension

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8string

Reaction score
I just got a Sanyo 4912 and kegging setup is on the way. I would like to convert it with tower later this year. The Sanyo fits perfectly underneath my 4 foot bar. If I want to leave it in this space, a tower will not fit on top. I would like to put a tower on top of the bar instead, but there is about 1 foot gap. Could I build an extender with PVC or something, insulate, and keep the lines cool enough to extend to the bartop.

Or should I put faucets on the door. Are there coolant lines or anything in the door?

Thanks

i have the same issue but my bar is only a few inches above the sanyo. im probably going to do exactly what your saying but im planning on putting a fan to keep the tower cool.

You can absolutely do this. You may want to think about installing a low voltage fan to recirculate cold air from the bottom of the 4912 up to the tower. You could also use foam insulation in the PVC that you use to bridge the gap between the top of the bar and your tower.

Thanks for the replies. So would the computer fan from an old laptop be sufficient? Im not much with electronic motorized tinkering. I do know that my kitchen heats up to sometimes 90 degrees in the summer. (No AC and lots of large windows) So it will have to insulate well.

Still may decide on putting faucets on the door if its doable. But then the taps would be right at dog drinking level!:)

yeah i would much rather have them on my bar. i was thinking to attaching a small diameter hose to the fan to help direct the cold air into the tower if its not enough. the only thing is powering the 12v fan. either an inverter or i was thinking a block fashlight battery since there would be mininal wiring. depending on how long it lasts.

I'm using a 2" fan. That I got from Princess Auto's surplus section. Simular to the fan on a video card. They are 12 volt so a little 12v power pack can be used.

To answer your question yes a 4: fan would work. And power packs can be found cheap at dollar stores.

Back