Bizarre, unexpected search results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using Bing as my default search engine for the last week or so in an effort to get free stuff. The results are generally OK, but sometimes I get stuff that makes no sense whatsoever.

I frequently use Google to do quick calculations, as you can just enter the equation in there and get the answer you need, and then it will also do units conversions, etc.

So yesterday I was doing some intermediate calculations for something, and I type in "4097*50" into the search bar in chrome and get my answer. Then I go to hit the "bing" logo in the top left and accidentally click "images" instead...and I got some kind of chemical formula, a soccer ball, some pictures of invoices or something, and on the next row down I see a pretty blonde girl in a striped dress.

"Hey" I think, "that sorta looks like Blake Lively." Then I look at the next picture over. And the one next to that, etc. and it's all these nude pictures of Blake Lively, apparently.

WTF, Bing?

Not that I'm complaining, per se. I just wonder how "4097*50" got associated with nude pictures of Blake Lively.

Just to check, I did the same search in Google Images and got completely different results.

I managed to duplicate.

Stupid Bing.

Back