Heat distribution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
I am using a cheap, thin boil kettle. Object some plate steel laying around and was wondering what you guys thought about putting a price of plate steel (1/4") between my burner and kettle to help prevent bottom scorching and get better heat distribution. Should work same as a pot with a dual layer bottom, right?

It will help, but it won't be perfect. Why are you scorching in the first place? is it when you add malt extract to the boil?

M_C
I am using a cheap, thin boil kettle. Object some plate steel laying around and was wondering what you guys thought about putting a price of plate steel (1/4") between my burner and kettle to help prevent bottom scorching and get better heat distribution. Should work same as a pot with a dual layer bottom, right?

Eh...just thinking out loud really. I don't think scorching has been a prob yet. Def think a good pot is my next upgrade though.

Back