I'm not going to dump this, but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
So, I brewed 10 gallons of dopplebock a few months ago. I let it ferment at around 52* for 3 weeks, then lagered it for at least two months at 40*. I carbed one 5 gallon keg (set it and forget it), and it's been on tap for about 3 weeks. Problem is, it has a weird, yeasty off-taste. I'd like to give it more time (LOTS more time) to mature.

So, my question is...should I:
a.) take both kegs and continue lagering at 40*?
b.) take both kegs and let them stand at my basement temp, which is around 55-60*?

Basically, is there any harm (or benefit) in taking the kegs that have been at 40* for months now and have them sit at 55-60? Or should I just keep them at 40?

Thanks!

Since you have two kegs, I would conduct and experiment, lager one and let one condition at room temp for a few months and see which one comes out better. That will be invaluable info for everyone, since you truly have two indentical beers to compare the results with.

I was thinking about doing that, although one is carbonated and one isn't. That kind of kills the control part of the experiment.

Back