New Tv show on HGTV looking for home bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmno1

Reaction score
Not spam! I work for a show airing on HGTV about guys and their "guy rooms" within the home. I think it would be cool to feature a homebrewing enthusiast who has built a home bar. We're looking for craftmanship as well as creativity and personality. Stuff on the walls, a pub theme, sports, leather couches, fish tanks, the works.

We'd love to find guys who have had to make compromises with their wives or significant others, and maybe taken over a little bit of the house. She's got her space, you've got yours. If your brewing equipment has spilled over into other rooms of the house, all the better.

If you feel like showing off your stuff on TV, post or email me. Thanks in advance!

thanks

[email protected]

Since I live in Calif, my "Bar" is in our outdoor kitchen that I built.

It is in a 10 X 6 L shaped island that has a fridge, a seperate kegerator/taps fridge, a sink and a 48" BBQ all in a 600 square foot patio.

Still interested?

Cheers,

knewshound

I never really thought of calling my stuff a "Guy Room". Actually, that sounds sort of creepy and gross. I would rather think of it as my alcoholic hide-away where I can escape all the bad things of this world...

Sounds like an OK deal, then again what is in it besides being on the boob tube? Can't stand that thing anyhow, besides my sports of course :)

I have nothing for it anyhow

Nice article in BYO btw BP.

knewshoud that sounds awsome. for me, cooking in an outdoor kitchen doesnt sound like it would be any fun! then again I am trying to devise natural lagering here :)

Brewpastor said:
I never really thought of calling my stuff a "Guy Room". Actually, that sounds sort of creepy and gross. I would rather think of it as my alcoholic hide-away where I can escape all the bad things of this world...

You're right, Pastor. An alcoholic hide-away sounds so much better than a guy room! ;)

I want a "guy room" myself- but my husband said no way. We've already spent too much money on my little hobby. A kegerator came up for sale on a local radio show (where people sell all kinds of stuff) and my eyes lit up and he just looked at me and said, "Don't even think about it". I convinced him to buy a used chest freezer and he agreed- then he had the nerve to put FOOD it in and freeze it.

Someone on this site built an awesome bar with a tower that rocks, and had a great setup. I can't remember who that is, but I'm powerfully envious.

I would love to see others' set ups for their "guy rooms". Bring on the pictures!

Lorena

I think we ought to draft the good Pastor for this project; "guy room" or not, he's the one that I think we are ALL envious of. His latest project is phe-NOMENAL.

Hi guys....and gals

If you think the idea of a Guy Room is "creepy" someone wanted to call the show "man Cave." That's pretty creepy.

Sorry girls, I meant to specify "guys." :)

Pics anyone?

I know Fiddup just built a home bar, not sure if he has a man room. My man room won't be ready for a while...

todd_k said:
I know Fiddup just built a home bar, not sure if he has a man room. My man room won't be ready for a while...

What are you planning? I'm thinking of building some sort of rough-finished bar in the basement in the Spring...

I still am struggling with these names.

"Honey, I am heading to the Man Room with my buddies, I'd invite you along, but hey, you aren't a man."

"Hey Frank, how about coming over to the Guy Bar and sucking on a few cold ones with me?"

"Yeh, I spent the weekend cleaning up my Man Cave. It was getting a little rank."

Brewpastor: well the show is tentitively called "Man Land." So imagine this one: "Guys, this weekend, ditch the wives, because we're going to Man Land." We've had some fun around the office with the names too:)

By the way, who's idea was it to have a dancing banana? Paging doctor Freud! :ban:

I am just having fun with all this. Actually, my wife calls our home "man Land" because she is the only female with me and the two boys. I thinks she needs the anti-man room!

Try :ban: :ban: and hum the YMCA song.

Brewpastor said:
I am just having fun with all this. Actually, my wife calls our home "man Land" because she is the only female with me and the two boys. I thinks she needs the anti-man room!

Try :ban: :ban: and hum the YMCA song.

haha, I just realized I'd been humming and watching :ban: for the past 3 minutes.

Back