want to add some character

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivot

Reaction score
hi everyone, I am about to start what this recipe calls a dark cream ale, and I wanted to add a little vanilla flavouring to it. I know there has been other forums up here about vanilla beans and whatnot, but since there are no vanilla beans available to me at the moment, Im wondering how people use vanilla extract to flavour their beer.

Do not use imitation vanilla, pure vanilla extract only. You can up it directly in the bottling bucket and give it a mix. I've also put it in the secondary but I think you get a little better aroma if added during bottling.

Don't use the imitation extract if you do...trust me

Seriously though it made the beer the most nasty thing I have ever smelled and tasted...so bad I have a Corney sitting with OxiClean in it for about a month now as the smell won't go away.

ok so pure real vanilla extract into bottling bucket before i bottle and everything will be great. thanks guys. i guess for how much i put in ill just kinda ballpark it, depending how much vanilla flavour i want.

Latest posts

Back