soon to be newbie kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaynardX

Reaction score
Well, I just purchased 2 used kegs from Midwest. Saw they were pretty cheap, so I asked the swmbo for her permission and made the order. Since I am dreading bottling my two 5 gallon batches tomorrow....the kegs can't come soon enough! Now I just need to make a kegorator........

Do you all ready have a co2 set up? I'm in the process of getting into kegging myself and actually have a stout I'd prefer to keg vs. bottle. Always trying to find the elusive "deal".

Don't have anything else yet. Still warming my SWIMBO up to the idea of letting me build a kegorater! Just gonna keep buying one piece at a time till I can say, "Hey hon...I'm gonna need "this" to be able to finish kegging my beer"....and hope it works :).

Good thing is....she knows first hand how much of a pain it is to bottle. Still hopin my plan will work out :).

My GF helped me bottle a bunch of times. She knew I was always looking at getting a fridge for a kegerator and one day at Best Buy we took a quick walk through the appliances. She saw the Sanyo and asked the associate "How much for the display model?" I was shocked and we left with the fridge. I think your plan is solid and worked for me so far.

2 more better bottles
2 more kegs
6 lbs of hops
75 lbs of malts
Chest freezer when I get rid of the big screen TV.

My GF helped me bottle a bunch of times. She knew I was always looking at getting a fridge for a kegerator and one day at Best Buy we took a quick walk through the appliances. She saw the Sanyo and asked the associate "How much for the display model?" I was shocked and we left with the fridge. I think your plan is solid and worked for me so far.

2 more better bottles
2 more kegs
6 lbs of hops
75 lbs of malts
Chest freezer when I get rid of the big screen TV.

That's not a GF that's an angle looking out for your best intrests. Your very lucky she's a keeper.
On corny's get 'em before the LHBS become the only source and name
their greedy higher prices. here on the west coast the last batch of corny's have arrived this is the end of them from this large supplier of used corny's.
June 30th was the end of their $80 a 4 pack of pepsi corny's. It cost me $15 added shipping I live within 120 miles of them. They specilize in stainless barrels from small to large for the wineries in Northern California and nearby theid facility. You can never have enough corny's for the future when they are gone, get all you will ever think you'll need then add 50 to 100% more to your collection. 24 Pepsi ball locks with one odd duck a Coke Pin Lock in the collection.

Back