bottling volume in beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimo85

Reaction score
How can I change, in beersmith, the beer volume at bottling time?

Often the liters beer you bottle is less then the batch size (in my last brewsession i've bottled 10L, starting from a 12L batch).

This is quite important for the calc. of carbonation...

When you are editing the recipe you can click on the Details button in the Equipment setting and that is where you compute your final volume. However that is the volume that goes into the Primary. I think it assumes that same volume will go into the bottles. I don't know of a way to compute another volume for bottling. I guess you could play with the details setting to figure the amount ready to bottle and see what it calcs for priming sugar.

Mmm, the final volume is the batch volume. So, if you change te final volume, the ibu, the extraction, ecc. changes too...

I think that this is an important missing in this software...

Right - what I would do is change the final volume just to get the sugar quantity and then don't save it. It's a pain but it would work.

Back